Before arriving in Poland, my husband and I had spent two weeks traveling around Europe. We went to visit the brother-in-law in Lisbon, Portugal then travled to Madrid, Barcelona and Rome. In our attempt to be economically savvy, we purchased the cheapest plane tickets we could find from Rome to Poland. As a result of our so called savviness, we arrived in an airport approx. 8 hours from the city where the in-laws live.
So, we decided to take a bus. An overnight bus that is. It was a hot day, probably in 90s and I was praying that the bus had air conditioning. When the bus pulled up around 10 PM, I noticed that there were no windows on the bus that opened. Thank the Lord, I thought. That means there is airconditioning!
Silly, silly American girl. It was hot on the bus. There were vents where the air conditioning should have been coming from and individual lights that should turn on when the button is pushed. But, guess what, there were no reading lights and no airconditioning. I kept fiddling with the vent hoping maybe I just was turning it wrong. The guy behind us said something in Polish commenting on my trying to get the non-existent AC to work. The husband translated it; "In your dreams". Yes, in my spoiled American dreams...
No comments:
Post a Comment