Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Radio

Approximately 70% of the songs played on Polish radio stations are American songs. You can hear anything ranging from today's hits (Rihanna, Jay Z, Adam Lambert), classic rock, golden oldies, Christian radio and everything in between. The only thing I have yet to hear is any American country. I enjoy riding in the car and listening to the radio, especially when the car is full of people talking in a language I still cannot comprehend. It's the perfect time to zone out and sing along with the radio in my native language.

On hot days, the neighbors generously blast Disco Polo music for hours; so loud that you cannot escape it despite closing the windows and doors and retreating to the most remote area in the house. If your curiosity has gotten the best of you and you really want to hear some disco polo, check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0T7MLc2THs

No comments:

Post a Comment