Saturday, July 24, 2010

Treasure Hunting


Last summer when my in-laws visited the states, Papa K purchased a metal detector. Well, the metal detector had remained unused until this week. On Thursday, I found Papa K and the husband out in the garden/yard digging stuff up. I thought Mama K was going to kill them both with the look on her face alone. The garden is her prized possession! They found some old bricks and random pieces of metal. Then Papa K decided we should go to this place in the woods where this old house that was destroyed during the war used to be. So, Papa K, Brother K, husband and I drove out to the country (in their pinkish colored car), hiked into the woods with our metal detector, pick ax, shovel and small shovels. We found some old cables and various other pieces of metal, but no gold or treasure. Thankfully we didn't get caught by the forest service or as Brother K put it, we'd be paying them gold to let us go. One thing we did come away with was lots of bug bites!

On Friday, the treasure hunting adventure continued. This time Mama K decided to come along with Brother K, husband and I. We ventured to the beach in hopes of finding some interesting 'treasures'. We were successful! We found lots of beer bottle tops, a couple of metal rods, a bobby pin and 10 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment